- Finish Category
- Specific Finish
- Drill Centers Range
- Drill Centers
Hinges are probably the most confusing piece of cabinet hardware that we sell at CabinetHardware.org. We recommend that any customer working with a contractor or cabinet maker who will be installing the hinges should check with them to find out exactly what type of hinge they recommend. Then once the type of hings is known, our site can easily be searched to find the best looking hinge to go along with your kitchen cabinets. Anyone unfamiliar with hinges who will not be working with a professional for installation and who is not familiar with hinges are highly encouraged to be in touch with customer service. We have also created a video describing the various hinge types that you can view here.
At the top of the general hinge page you will you will see images showing the various types of hinges we offer. Briefly, some of the key types are as follows:
- Inset hinges. These have a small inset, normally 3/8 inch.
- Flush Mount hinges. These lay completely flat against the door, without an inset
- Colonial hinges. These are visible outside the door and are intended to be both decorative and functional
- Demountable Hinges. These are hinges that are used to easily remove the door from the cabinet. They can be difficult to install, as their installation requires cutting into the wood, but then make it extremely easiy to detach the doors. These can be either detachable on only one side (single demountable) or detachable on either side (double demountable)
- Non-self closing hinges. Unlike most of the other hinges that have a spring inside, these do not, making them thinner hinges
- Wrap hinges. These wrap around the cabinet door and come in two varieties, partial and full wrap.
Again, this area can be very confusing. If trying to figure out your needs on your own, please see our video and please do not hesitate to call customer service. We're here to help.